Selection and implementation of software for small and medium size companies:
Since there is no single solution for all businesses we have chosen not to affiliate ourselves to any single vendor. We have experience in a broad range of solutions and we are able to offer the most applicable solution for the particular needs of our clients. As a result we have no interest in "selling" you on a specific vendor that may not meet your needs. We interested in finding the best fit for your business and maintaining a long term relationship.
Each product or solution has strengths and weaknesses and many factors should be considered when you are selecting software for your company.
Factors to consider include:
- Initial/one time license fees
- Annual subscription/license fees
- Implementation costs
- Ongoing support fees (and what type of support is included)
- Total costs over both the short and long term (software, hardware, support, license fees)
- Size of existing user base
- Availability of training
- Availability of consultants/implementation partners
- Quality/reputation of the software vendor
- Breadth of functionality
- Depth of functionality
- Availability of 3rd party add-ons.
Some of the more popular accounting systems that we have experience with include:
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
- QuickBooks (Pro, Premier)
- QuickBooks Online Edition
While each of these products has their respective strengths and weaknesses, we have found that in the majority of situations at least one of these products is a good fit for the needs of most small - mid size businesses.